Destination Dallas: Structure Update!




We had a coming together amongst our builder final week, as well as he had about skillful news: Our solid has officially reached the halfway mark! The framing is done, the electrical inspection happened yesterday, as well as the insulation volition outset going upwards on Friday. So far, the progress has seemed slow, amongst few changes each visit, but that's because the operate has been to a greater extent than frequently than non electrical, which doesn't precisely bring the visual wow element (except for Frank). 

Even so, it's fun seeing the solid built from the Blue Planet up. 




One characteristic of the solid that nosotros loved was its 2 garages. It's non uncommon to bring infinite for 3 cars inwards Texas garages, but often, they're what's called a "tandem" garage, where i bay is extra deep, allowing you lot to commons 2 cars i on side. I much prefer having 2 dissever garages, i amongst 2 spots, another with just one. We programme to role the single-car garage for Frank's workshop, unless, of course, I seek incapable of swinging my SUV into the two-car garage. 




For me, the interior's the close exciting part. Walking through the framed-out house, I have been able to larn a improve feel of the layout as well as the scale of each room, which allows me to imagine how I'll house my article of furniture (and produce upwards one's heed what novel pieces I need!). 


The photograph higher upwards is a dyad weeks old, but it shows the study, which is correct off of the foyer, through the double door opening on the left. There's too a invitee sleeping accommodation amongst a bathroom, a mudroom, laundry room, as well as a pulverization bath at the front end of the house.

I was initially a lilliputian skeptical of the octagonal foyer, but instantly that I'm seeing it underway, I beloved it! It's spacious, unique, as well as volition survive the perfect showcase for my herringbone forest floor.




As you lot become deeper into the house, there's the dining room on the left, every bit good every bit a media room, a windowless infinite designed for a projector screen. The remainder of the rooms bring huge windows, i of my favorite parts of the house, to allow the brilliant Texas sunshine in!

Study on i side, dining room on the other.

The pipes sticking upwards on the left are where the kitchen isle volition be. Frank is walking through the eat-in kitchen area. 


Although this moving painting is a lilliputian dark, you lot tin consider my favorite features inwards our living room: the cathedral ceiling as well as wall of windows. The adjacent photograph is of the same space (looking toward the kitchen), but much brighter!


It seems I forgot to photograph the remainder of the house, as well as thus I'll bring to salve that for the adjacent update! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away