Would Y'all Create This To Your Walls?

A timeless tendency I love: lacquered walls. 
For those of you lot who don't know, Frank too I are moving to Maryland. (Finally! Goodbye, Lehigh Valley!) It close probable won't survive on until the halt of the year, simply that hasn't stopped me from house-hunting
—and, of course, imagining how I'd decorate my favorite properties. I'm peculiarly enamored amongst a brick abode built inwards 1893, amongst its soaring 10-foot ceilings, bag doors, too hand-stamped hinges. 

It's the perfect abode for an elegant decorating tendency I've had my optic on: lacquered walls. This high-gloss pigment complete is maybe close associated amongst the Hollywood Regency styleknown for its glamourous finishings, amongst a slight Asian influence. Makes sense: Lacquering has its roots inwards ancient East Asia, good earlier Hollywood Regency borrowed the shiny finish.  

The earliest iterations of lacquer involved harvesting the toxic sap of a tree native to East Asia; upward to thirty layers of the materials had to applied to compass the signature slickness. Thankfully, lacquering no longer requires poison! Today, decorators oftentimes purpose shellac mixed amongst denatured alcohol, which creates the same liquid-like finish. 

You've likely seen lacquer on furniture, lamps, too decorative boxes. But walls? Really? 

Trust me: Applying sheen to your walls is attending grabbing, simply non inwards the gaudy agency of loud animate existence prints or sequin-covered everything. It's equally glamorous too frail equally a Faberge egg. 

Take a expect at these gorgeous interiors equally proof: 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away