The Best Of My Thrift Shop Finds

Can You Guess What This Is?
People oftentimes comment on my mightiness to uncovering treasures at thrift stores, thence inquire if I tin learn them my ways. Although I create bring a few Goodwill shopping secrets, I believe it's to a greater extent than nigh having an eyelearning to meet potential inward a forlorn-looking exceptional piled onto a shelf alongside a dozen other donated goods. 

Here a few of my most recent (and favorite) finds:




I unremarkably scoff at thrift-score tchotchkes, but this lilliputian guy was also cute to overstep up. He doesn't bring whatever defining marks, thence I bring no persuasion if he's worth anything. But he alone terms a quarter. And who could pass upward that sweetness lilliputian face? I also constitute the tray he's sitting on at Goodwill for $5 (a Target cast-off), together with I bought the antique typing tabular array beneath (see it here) at a thrift store for $10 a few years back. 



Several months ago, my mom started collected Golden Books, together with she inspired me to create the same. I alone purchase the antique ones, similar these 2 (the 1 on the left is from 1951, the other is missing its copyright page). The terms for both: $.70.


Agate abode accessories bring exploded inward popularity this year, thence I was thrilled to uncovering these agate bookends for $45 at a thrift store inward Sonoma, California. (I've seen them elsewhere for upwards of $100.)


I picked upward this metallic planter for $7 at Goodwill. The legs were falling off, thence Frank, of course, had to purchase a rivet gun to repair them (he was thrilled). Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 novel planter AND a novel tool!


I scored this mercury drinking glass light at Goodwill for $10. I had to purchase a shade (which naturally terms twice every bit much), but I however consider it a steal! 


This may but await similar a worn-out wooden box, but it's genuinely an antique advertising illustration for Rush Park Seeds, based inward Iowa. I paid $36 for it at a local thrift shop, which is much to a greater extent than than I'd unremarkably pass at a secondhand store. But boxes similar this acquire for some $400 on eBay! 


This lilliputian aeroplane is genuinely an antique common salt shaker. The matching pepper shaker was missing, but I bought him for $2 anyway (I'm a sucker for cute beast items!). I also bought the metallic tray underneath for $.25 at the same thrift shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away