Inside My Novel House: How One Added Agency To My Dorsum Staircase



Growing up, my delineate of piece of job solid had 2 staircases, together with my parents loved it: My sis together with I could access our bedrooms without having to traipse upwards the front end stairs (and brand dissonance that could hold upwards heard inwards the downstairs primary bedroom). So when I saw the dorsum staircase inwards my novel house, I was straight off excited, particularly since it leads to the kitchen, giving me a straight road to the refrigerator when the ask for a late-night snack strikes (hey, I'm breastfeeding!). 

One problem: It's a tight squeeze, since my delineate of piece of job solid was built inwards the early on 1900s, together with there's no overhead light. These 2 factors conspire to brand the infinite experience black together with cramped. In other words, these stairs seemed strictly utilitarian. Definitely non a pattern destination. 

But I loved the see of having a house for Asa to sit down spell I cook, in ane trial she's a trivial older. The bottom measuring fits the bill, together with thus why non brand the whole staircase a kid-friendly space? (I feel a trivial crazy fifty-fifty considering this, since I only lately barbarous downward these rattling stairs together with fractured my sacrum!) 

Turning the stairs into a jungle gym is a stretch. But since Asa's room is correct at the top of the dorsum stairs, I decided to position out them, together with thus she tin count the stairs equally she walks to her room. I bought a inexpensive gear upwards of Helvetica cardboard stencils from Michael's, painted the cream-colored risers white, together with finally, painted the numbers inwards grayness to tally the existing color of the treads. 




To convey low-cal to the black stairwell, I painted the walls a low-cal blue, the same color I used inwards my kitchen.



Then I created a infinite to display the artwork Asa volition someday create. I purchased 2 backless, glass-less frames from Hobby Lobby (they're oftentimes on sale for one-half off), along amongst burlap-covered canvases that fit the insides of the frames. I used E-6000 gum to secure the canvases within the frames, spray-painted clipboard clips gold, together with used the same E-6000 gum to adhere them to the canvases. The goal result: the perfect house to hang a rotating gallery of Asa originals. 




All of this damage me less than $100, together with now, my staircase feels similar together with thus much to a greater extent than than a pass-through space. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away