My Coloring Obsession: Violet Blue

My whole life I bring adamantly hated blue. Until I constitute this purse:


It was waiting for me on the T.J. Maxx clearance rack. (Side note: Has anyone else noticed how pricey T.J. purses bring become? I immature lady the days of $25 bags.) I savage inward beloved amongst the rich, sumptuous gem tone, particularly when paired amongst the slightly irreverent aureate spikes. 

When I decided to refinish a credenza left behind yesteryear our house's one-time owner, I took inspiration from my handbag-of-the-moment. I opted for purplish blueish ("Royal Breeze") paint...in high gloss. This was going to live a contention slice (or every bit my married adult man mightiness telephone phone it, a glowing blueish beacon inward the corner of the room). I beloved it. Which is a practiced thing, because Home Depot kindly gave me a total gallon of the paint, instead of the pint I asked for. 



Next came this Loloi rug, purchased from Tuesday Morning for but $150 (compared to a list price of to a greater extent than than $350). (The colors represent inward person. I promise.) 


Then came trouble. I realized it is nearly impossible to uncovering purplish blueish (or fifty-fifty cobalt) accessories. For months, my living room has felt incomplete, all of the blueish notes clustered on 1 side of the room. 

At last, I constitute these Cynthia Rowley lanterns, which I hung from my mantel (again, they produce coordinate inward person). 



This withal leaves 1 purpose of the room without blue. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 few interesting possibilities...

Gates Lacquer Side Table



I've late larn obsessed amongst lacquered finishes (so Hollywood regency!). 
And I can't resist a funky halt table, particularly 1 that looks similar a aeroplane cage.

Hillary Thomas Rock n' Rolla Blue Velvet Finial 


I beloved unexpected flashes of color inward a room. Even ameliorate if it's from a natural (read: non-gaudy) source, similar these agate stones. What ameliorate house than the tops of your lamps?  

Anglepoise Original 1227 Desk Lamp


Industrial elements conk along a room from feeling likewise frilly or contrived. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 carefree color, similar cobalt, keeps industrial accessories from feeling, well, likewise industrial.

Handwoven Stanza Cobalt Wool Rug


Coral blueprint is every bit wild every bit fauna print, but without the boudoir vibe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away