Can Yous Actually Pigment Upholstery?

Before & After

Reupholstering a chair is expensivelike, upwards of $300 expensive. Of course, going the reupholstery road makes feel if you've invested inwards pricey furniture. But I've never been willing to accept the plunge, since most of the chairs I desire to modify are Goodwill cast-offs. It's difficult to justify dropping $300 to redo a $10 chair. 

Most recently, I decided 1 of living room chairs needed a facelift. I purchased this 1 a few years back, too land it looked skilful inwards my lastly apartment's living room, it felt also modern inwards my electrical flow one, amongst its sleek dark legs too off-white fabric. My vision: Make this contemporary slice hold off similar an antique, but amongst a piddling colorful flair. 

I chose a daffodil yellowish pigment for the upholstery (to fit a West Elm chair on the other side of the room), too gracefully curved wooden legs to supersede the contemporary ones. 




Did I actually country PAINT an upholstered chair? Yep! You but mix acrylic pigment amongst textile medium (sold at Joann Fabrics) too water, which, together, proceed the textile from becoming strong when you lot apply the paint. Hint: For close $6, you lot tin larn a quart-sized pigment "sample" at Sherwin-Williams. (For to a greater extent than detailed instructions, banking venture check out this how-to from Hyphen Interiors.)

I bought the legs from Home Depot, which I stained too and therefore accented inwards a few places amongst a really lite coating of argent spray paint. I can't accept amount credit here, though: My married adult man had to pose them on for me. (He's handy to stimulate got around!) Finally, I added upholstery tacks, next the subtle crease of the arm, amongst a few to a greater extent than precisely higher upward the leg. 








I've already gotten lots of compliments on the lastly product...totally unsolicited, too! So would I utilize it again? Absolutelyalthough I'd in all probability boundary my upholstery epitome to pieces that are to a greater extent than decorative than functional, since the pigment does brand the textile trouble solid (although non crunchy yesteryear whatsoever means). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away