The Four Worst Interior Blueprint Trends Of 2014


Two terrible trends inward 1 kitchen: dearest woods as well as dark granite.

Every yr closed to this time, interior designers declare which trends are the ones to spotter (and that nosotros should probably all redecorate our homes with, ASAP). This year, a few completely immature adult woman the markand volition invariably hold upwards met alongside "what were you lot thinking?" stares come upwards 2015. 


Not-So-Hot Trend#1: Macrame




Los Angeles designer Betsy Burnham late told the Wall Street Journal (where everyone goes for decorating tips, obviously) that 2014 is going to hold upwards the yr of macrame. "We haven't seen it since the 70s," she said. "I intend it's time." I intend she's wrong. And, unfortunately, she's everywhere: In some other article, Burnham advised replacing accent walls alongside macrame fine art from Etsy. Sorry, but replacing 1 incorrect alongside some other incorrect doesn't brand a right.

The only macrame I've e'er seen was inward my muumuu-wearing cracking aunt's apartment, which was also decorated alongside shag carpeting. Macrame only mightiness function if you're a pothead, but for those of us seeking a chic look? No way. 


Not-So-Hot Trend #2: Honey-Tone Woods




Just when I idea I'd never bring to tolerate the ubiquitous oak kitchens of my childhood again, Elle Decor has predicted a resurgence of lighter, honey-colored woods. What's nextthe furnish of the boxed-in infinite inward a higher identify kitchen cabinets? Formica countertops? 


Not-So-Hot Trend #3: Pastels



Don't larn me wrong, a petty pale pinkish tin sack hold upwards sweet. But an exclusively pastel palette? Hello, $60-a-night hotel room. When I was a kid, my sis claimed her Barbie's babies were allergic to brilliant colors, as well as thus she forced me to redecorate my Dream Home every fourth dimension her Barbie trouble solid unit of measurement came over. So, yes, peradventure I bring a knee-jerk negative reaction to pastels. But I even as well as thus can't fathom going dorsum to the blush tones of the 1980s. Should I facial expression oversized florals as well as vertical blinds to brand a comeback, too?


Not-So-Hot Trend #4: Black Kitchen Counters



Black granite or quartz countertops are going to hold upwards a hot especial this year, according to the Zillow Digs Home Design Trend Report. Perfect! After we've all spent years trying to brighten upwards our kitchens, let's suck out all the light! I tin sack peradventure larn on board alongside a dark countertop for an island. But the whole kitchen? Spare me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away