Make Your Ain Chevron Java Tabular Array Tray!



As I mentioned before, I'm inward a combat of a blueish phase. Unfortunately, it seems that the residue of the decorating basis is not. I get got an insanely hard fourth dimension finding blueish accessories for my living room! (Maybe I should get got that equally a sign...) But non to live deterred, I've resorted to making my ain blueish accent pieces.

Several months back, I purchased this tray for $5 from a garage sale:



It was originally red, in addition to I painted it orange. (I had some pillows of a similar color I wanted to match.) But when I realized the pillows didn't tally my living room, I was left alongside a tray that didn't expect right, either. 

After months of staring at it alongside disgust, I lastly got around to redoing it. I had some leftover high-gloss regal blueish pigment from some other project, which, on overstep of the orangish (I was inward no mood to prime), came out closer to navy. The high-gloss looks great, almost similar a lacquered finish, which is all over the house these days.



For the middle of the tray, I bought some blue-and-white chevron scrapbooking paper. I wanted a designing inward the middle, but the size of my tray meant I'd get got to purchase a 1000000 sheets to gain a seamless expect if I chose something crazy similar a floral. But chevron? It's only the same affair over in addition to over in addition to over again, making it super tardily to tally upward in addition to driblet dead on the time period of the designing going. 

To apply the paper, I used high-gloss Mod-Podge, in addition to to avoid wrinkles, applied the bottom layer first, pressed downward the paper, in addition to waited several minutes for it to dry. Then I applied the overstep layer of gloss. Of course, a few wrinkles/bubbles are pretty much unavoidable; I fixed these past times poking a sewing needle into the bubble, in addition to then pressing out the air in addition to applying a niggling to a greater extent than Mod-Podge. Voila, a classy-looking tray for nigh $10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away