Lemon Marshmallow Meringue Pie



I know, I know, I’m supposed to locomote writing virtually pumpkin, apples, cinnamon—not lemon, the most summery of fruits. But this recipe was practically begging to locomote made, all because of a pocketbook of lemon-flavored marshmallows. And a field of pie I ate a yr ago.

Let’s firstly amongst the mallows: I’m a sucker for novelty foods, peculiarly those involving marshmallow. So, naturally, when I spotted Lemon Meringue Campfire Mallow Bursts (i.e. off-brand fruity marshmallows) at Wal-Mart, I HAD to purchase them. Usually, flavored mallows disappoint me. Take Jet-Puffed Pumpkin Spice Mallows, for example, which gustation similar obviously marshmallows that select been spritzed amongst pumpkin-scented room spray. 


But, WOW! These no-name marshmallows are amazing. The lemon season is intense together with authentic, hence good, inwards fact, that I nearly ate the entire pocketbook inwards an evening. Which is why I melted them downward into marshmallow crème to role every bit a topping for my lemon pie.

That brings me to the actual pie: I 1 time had a field of lemon meringue pie amongst marshmallow fluff instead of traditional meringue on top. I’ve gone dorsum to the eating seat that served it, hoping for a 2nd slice, but the identify never had it again.





So, I’ve been forced to recreate it. I started amongst a basic graham cracker crust, together with hence borrowed a lemony filling from a Bobby Flay dessert. Finally, I whipped upwardly a batch of homemade Cool Whip, which I combined amongst my homemade marshmallow crème (these are the things I produce when my hubby is out of town).

The terminal result: a tart, beautiful pie, amongst simply plenty sweetness to convey me dorsum for more. 

Lemon Marshmallow Meringue Pie

What you lot need

The crust
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 loving cup white sugar
six Tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp cinnamon

The filling
1 ½ cups white sugar
six Tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
½ loving cup fresh lemon juice
½ loving cup mutual coldness water
three egg yolks, good beaten
ii Tbsp butter
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 Tsp lemon extract
1 Tsp lemon zest (optional)
three drops xanthous nutrient coloring

The topping
1 pocketbook of marshmallows (I used lemon-flavored ones)
ii tsp low-cal corn syrup
1 pint heavy whipping cream
½ loving cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp lemon extract
1 drib xanthous nutrient coloring

Put it all together
  1. Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs together with carbohydrate amongst the melted butter, together with press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for seven minutes. Cool completely.
  2. Make the filling: Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, together with tabular array salt inwards a medium saucepan, together with hence slow contain the lemon juice together with mutual coldness water. Add the egg yolks, together with mix until smooth. Next, add together the butter; gradually stir inwards the boiling water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. After boiling for ii minutes, take away from the burner, together with stir inwards the lemon extract, zest, together with nutrient coloring. Allow to cool one-half an hr earlier pouring into the pie crust. Refrigerate for at to the lowest degree one-half an hour.
  3. Make the topping: Place the marshmallows inwards a microwave-safe bowl, together with drizzle the corn syrup on top. Microwave for thirty seconds (no longer or the mallows could burn), together with stir until the marshmallows are polish together with creamy. 
  4. Whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks form, together with hence gradually stir inwards the powdered carbohydrate until fully incorporated. Add the lemon extract together with nutrient coloring. 
  5. Use an electrical mixer to combine the marshmallow creme together with the whipped cream mixture. Spread evenly over the chilled pie. Chill for closed to other iv hours earlier serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away