My Start Out Etsy Listing: Vintage Teal Dresser Amongst Distressed Finish!


I've been interested inward refinishing together with selling slice of furniture on Etsy for about time, together with instantly that I've gone freelance, I genuinely convey the time! I chose this adorable dresser every bit my showtime projection for a few reasons:

1. That deer decal is precious! I'm e'er nervous most whatsoever line of piece of occupation organisation company that involves throwing out coin upfront (in other words, whatsoever line of piece of occupation organisation venture). But when I spotted the sweetness deer on this chifforobe, I knew I couldn't travel out it behind. So he came habitation amongst me. 

2. I won't endure tempted to transcend away along it. This is a nursery/children's item, together with since I evidently don't convey children (unless you lot count Kitty Adelaide), the urge to hoard my showtime slice is non strong. It's however there, merely I'm fighting it.

3. Chifforobes are fantastic. You tin honour a criterion dresser anywhere. But chifforobes are harder to come upwards by...and together with hence classy! They convey a distinctly vintage feel, yet are however incredibly functional. 

4. It has a history. This slice was made yesteryear Lullabye Fine Furniture for Children, a fellowship started inward 1897 inward the Wisconsin habitation of John Bukolt, the inventor of the showtime swinging crib. It was probable produced inward the early- to mid-1900s, based on this advertisement, which features a similar 5-drawer chifforobe. (If you lot desire to read the words, the promotion is here.)




I wasn't crazy most the wood's color, together with hence I borrowed my generous (and brave) husband's belt together with orbital sanders together with went to town. Then I painted it a pale teal amongst a satin finish, which I distressed together with sealed amongst slice of furniture wax. 









See the listing here! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away