Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars


This post is supposed to move near pumpkin cinnamon rolls. I stocked upwards on all the necessary ingredients this weekend, but every fourth dimension I idea near dealing amongst yeast, my zeal for cinnamon rolls dissipated. 

Besides, I accept a jolt of Oreos getting staler yesteryear the second. (Without fail, my guests inquire for an Oreo, too I accept to warn them near the compromised quality, thank you lot to my non-air-tight cookie jar. That's what I become for buying a $4 jar.)

I wasn't certain how Oreos would gustatory modality amongst pumpkin, peculiarly Birthday Cake Oreos, which accept been lingering to a greater extent than or less my trouble solid for months. But I plunged ahead. (Don't move alarmed yesteryear the colored dots inwards the photos. Those are from the Birthday Cake creme filling.) 



I institute the recipe on Something Swanky, but modified it slightly. The recipe calls for Oreos crumbled on top, which I did, but amongst an extra flair: I tossed the cookie pieces inwards butter, thus covered them inwards yellowish cake mix, creating a crumb-like topping. I ditched the chocolate chips on top, since that mightiness move TOO sweetness (if that's fifty-fifty possible).



My origin tester was a saccharide fanatic similar me, thus she, of course, wanted a 2nd serving. But the truthful exam was my husband, who had simply eaten a steak (which to him is the Definition of culinary heaven). He gave me a fist pump, which inwards Frank linguistic communication agency a project good done (and likewise agency I'm patently married to a teenage boy). 

Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

What you lot need

The crust:
20 Oreo cookies + v for topping
2.5 Tbsp butter + 2.5 Tbsp for topping
1/3 loving cup yellowish cake mix 

The filling:
2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese (I used lower-calorie neufchatel) 
1 loving cup sugar
1 loving cup canned pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I simply used cinnamon)
1/4 tsp salt

Put it all together
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8" foursquare baking dish amongst foil, thus lightly coat it amongst cooking spray.
  2. Crush the twenty Oreos for the crust inwards a nutrient processor (I hand-crushed them for a chunkier crust), thus toss amongst 2.5 Tbsp melted butter. Press into the prepared pan, too bake for 10 minutes.
  3. To brand the filling, musical rhythm out the cream cheese (at room temperature) amongst the sugar. Once smooth, add together the pumpkin puree, followed yesteryear the eggs ane at a time. Finally, comprise the flour, spice, too salt. Pour the mixture over the crust.
  4. Crumble the remaining v Oreos, toss them inwards 2.5 Tbsp melted butter, thus coat them inwards the cake mix. Sprinkle evenly on top of the pumpkin mixture.
  5. Bake for forty to 45 minutes. Cool completely, thus encompass too house inwards the fridge for at to the lowest degree iii hours earlier serving.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside My Novel House: The Living Room

A Knoxville Legend, Revealed: The Truth Almost Thunder Road

Hgtv Hosts Therefore & Right Away